Who is a fashion designer? – Is this the only career option in the fashion industry?
At this time, being a fashion designer is a dream job. Wanna know the reasons behind it? The growing demand is the top reason. But there are a few more reasons behind being a professional fashion designer. Of course, there are numerous career options available for them. On the other hand, they can make huge piles of money. Not only
So, let us dig up about the role of a fashion designer!
Here’s the deal:
What are the key roles of a fashion designer?
Production of clothing, footwear, and accessories with an initial design is the main objective of a fashion designer. Designing is done not only for the production of ready-to-wear clothing but also for haute couture preparations.
Their primary duties and responsibilities include,
- Carrying on entire management of the design process from conception through to final styling
- Tracking new trends, fabric, and techniques via market researches
- Collaborating with team members to select a seasonal theme, make edits to the line, and create new concepts
- Selecting fabrics and trims
- Ensure products in agreement with business strategy
- Creating Production sketches for development packages
- Reviewing product for style and fitting them during the presentation
Who is a fashion stylist?
First of all, we would like to unveil that fashion stylists and fashion designers play pretty different roles in the fashion industry. Unlike fashion designers, fashion stylists provide consultancy for fashion houses, clothing brands, and even for individuals.
Their responsibilities are as follows:
- Providing fashion advice
- Selecting and coordinating costumes for models in TV commercials, Actors in television, and films
- Preparing models and actors for shootings
Fashion stylists must have an eye for visual composition and proportion, commercial awareness, including a good knowledge of designers, brands, and trends.
Moreover, they must have the ability to meet deadlines and have a positive, proactive, and assertive approach.
Fashion stylists are fascinated by the world ranked industry and earn big money.
Who is a clothing designer?
Compared to a fashion designer, a clothing designer plays a different role in the industry.
Of course, these two are pretty different two professions!
We can state that a clothing designer addresses the practical aspects of the fashion industry.
Here, keep in your mind that it is not about talent or creativity. Clothing designers have many objectives to be considered before introducing a new design to the fashion world.
They should have to focus on the following key factors:
- The suitability of the design for going ahead with mass production
- The durability of the design materials
- Considering all the body types with the design features
There is a difference between a fashion designer and a clothing designer in their job role. So, a clothing designer designs useful everyday wearable clothes. Usually, clothing designers go through fashion magazines a lot!
Wanna know why?
There are numerous purposes!
But, spotting trends and interpreting specific color palettes, patterns, and prints for each season is the top reason.
About Fashion Stylist – https://mudurekha.com/2020/02/14/an-essential-guide-to-become-a-fashion-stylist/
Image source – https://pixabay.com/